Most nationalities do not require a visa for social visits but must own a valid passport or travel document with six months validity beyond the period of stay. Professional Visit Pass (PVP) is required for business engagement. For those nationalities that need a visa, applications can be made at the nearest Malaysian overseas mission with the following documentation:
- Visa application form with three passport-sized photographs
- National passport with the remaining validity period of six months
- Letter of introduction or invitation.
For more information, please visit https://www.imi.gov.my/
Malaysia enjoys a tropical climate with warm weather all year round. Temperatures range from a low of 21°C (70°F) to a high of 32°C (90°F). The highlands are more chill with temperatures ranging from 15°C (59°F) to 25°C (77°F). Annual rainfall varies from 2,000mm to 2,500mm
Bahasa Malaysia or Malay is the official language while English is widely spoken. Most Malaysians speak at least two languages, Malay and English, while some are tri-lingual, being able to converse in Mandarin or Tamil too. The indigenous groups also speak various languages and dialects.
The currency is Malaysian Ringgit, indicated as MYR. Foreign exchange booths are standard and clearly state the exchange rate for all major currencies.
Weight & Measurement: Metric system
- The exhibition is only open to professionals, trade and business visitors during trade days.
- The public without invitation ticket will need to register themselves at the registration counter.
- Anyone attending Selangor International Business Summit must not take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behaviour or wear offensive apparel or be involved in any activity which may disrupt Selangor International Business Summit.
- Badge holders must not allow their badges to be worn by anyone else. Any failure is likely to lead to the badge holder and the person wearing the badge being removed from Selangor International Business Summit.
- Dress code is strictly full business attire.
For Trade Visitor
10 – 11 October 2019
10.00am – 6.00pm
For Public Visitor
12 – 13 October 2019
10.00am – 6.00pm
Official Selangor International Business Summit photographers will be taking photographs and filming videos throughout the four-day event. Anyone attending Selangor International Business Summit consents to such photography and filming without compensation and confirms that the organisers shall be entitled to use such photographs and videos, which may include photographs and videos of visitors, for the purpose of promotional and marketing Selangor International Business Summit in future, for exploitation in any and all media, without liability. No other photography or filming will be permitted at Selangor International Business Summit without the prior written approval of the Organisers.
The Organisers reserve the right to exclude or remove anyone from Selangor International Business Summit and the Exhibition Centre who does not comply with this policy or who they reasonably consider is likely to break these rules or who is prohibited from attending under any applicable sanctions, laws or regulations, or otherwise at the Organisers’ discretion.